Department of Public Works & Sewer Utility
Vince Lo Medico is the Director of the Public Works Department for the Borough of Manville maintaining his CPWM (Certified Public Works Manager) since 2007. He is also the Sewer Collection System Operator holding a C-3 Advanced Collection System License and a member of the NJ Water Environmental Federation. Vince is a member of the Public Works Association Region III holding various offices and is currently the President of this organization. Vince is the Certified Recycling Coordinator for the Borough including involvement and membership in the Association of NJ Recyclers and is a Sustainability Resources Management Professional; he also administers the NJ Clean Communities Program for Manville. Of the many responsibilities in Public Works, Vince is the Commercial Pesticide Applicator overseeing the herbicide operators and applications throughout the Borough's public properties.
As a long-time resident of Manville and having twenty-eight years' experience in the Public Works field, Vince and the Public Works Team work to provide, strive and effectively service the residents of the Borough. His department continues to find more efficient ways to positively impact Borough services.
Our Mission Statement:
Manville's Department of Public Works working together
with Manville's Residents to keep our community clean
and environmentally safe.
"Thinking Globally & Acting Locally"
Following is a listing and brief overview of the many day-to-day tasks and services provided by the Department of Public Works:
- Solid Waste – weekly and periodic collection and disposal of municipal waste, bulk items, yard waste, and leaf collection.
- Road Maintenance - pothole repairs / permanent repairs / line painting and striping crosswalks.
- Street Sweeping - street sweeping operation begins mid-April and ends mid-December, weather permitting, and is performed periodically in each section of town.
- Street & Regulatory Sign - placement and replacements.
- Storm Water Management – catch basin repair & cleaning, outlet inspection and cleaning, drain inlet labeling.
- Tree trimming – maintain trees on borough property and right of ways.
- Parks & Playgrounds – all maintenance and repair, athletic field layouts and lining.
- Snow Removal – plowing and treatment or pre-treatment all roads, parking lots, sidewalks.
- Pools – coordinate the opening / closing of three public pools; performing required maintenance and daily checks during the season.
- Sanitary Sewer Collection System – operation of and maintenance of pump stations and infrastructure. Respond to resident sewer concerns.
- Building Maintenance - operation, maintenance, and coordination of services for all borough owned facilities, property and equipment.
- Monthly Check – fire extinguishers, exit and emergency lights of all borough buildings and equipment.
- Grounds Maintenance – lawn maintenance, blue/green acre properties and lien properties.
- Fleet & Equipment Maintenance –of owned vehicles, landscape & grounds maintenance equipment. Emergency generator maintenance, inspections, air quality checks.
- Emergencies & Concerns – response to residential complaints.
- Town Sponsored Events – coordination, preparation, and clean up.
- Share Service Agreements with Board of Education and surrounding municipalities.
Vincenzo LoMedicoPublic Works DirectorPhone: 908-725-5512 ext 102
Violet HallPublic Works Administrative AssistantPhone: 908-725-5512 ext 100
10 Gladys Ave.
Manville, NJ 08835
Phone: 908-725-5512Fax: 908-595-1454
Office & Operating Hours
Monday through Friday
7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Memorial Day through Labor Day
Monday through Friday
6:00 am through 2:30 pm