- Public Works and Sewer Utility
Department of Public Works & Sewer Utility
Our Mission Statement:
Manville's Department of Public Works working together
with Manville's Residents to keep our community clean
and environmentally safe.
"Thinking Globally & Acting Locally"
Following is a listing and brief overview of the many day-to-day tasks and services provided by the Department of Public Works:
- Solid Waste – weekly and periodic collection and disposal of municipal waste, bulk items, yard waste, and leaf collection.
- Road Maintenance - pothole repairs / permanent repairs / line painting and striping crosswalks.
- Street Sweeping - street sweeping operation begins mid-April and ends mid-December, weather permitting, and is performed periodically in each section of town.
- Street & Regulatory Sign - placement and replacements.
- Storm Water Management – catch basin repair & cleaning, outlet inspection and cleaning, drain inlet labeling.
- Tree trimming – maintain trees on borough property and right of ways.
- Parks & Playgrounds – all maintenance and repair, athletic field layouts and lining.
- Snow Removal – plowing and treatment or pre-treatment all roads, parking lots, sidewalks.
- Pools – coordinate the opening / closing of three public pools; performing required maintenance and daily checks during the season.
- Sanitary Sewer Collection System – operation of and maintenance of pump stations and infrastructure. Respond to resident sewer concerns.
- Building Maintenance - operation, maintenance, and coordination of services for all borough owned facilities, property and equipment.
- Monthly Check – fire extinguishers, exit and emergency lights of all borough buildings and equipment.
- Grounds Maintenance – lawn maintenance, blue/green acre properties and lien properties.
- Fleet & Equipment Maintenance –of owned vehicles, landscape & grounds maintenance equipment. Emergency generator maintenance, inspections, air quality checks.
- Emergencies & Concerns – response to residential complaints.
- Town Sponsored Events – coordination, preparation, and clean up.
- Share Service Agreements with Board of Education and surrounding municipalities.
Vincenzo LoMedicoPublic Works DirectorPhone: 908-725-5512 ext 202
Violet HallPublic Works Administrative AssistantPhone: 908-725-5512 ext 200
10 Gladys Ave.
Manville, NJ 08835
Phone: 908-725-5512Fax: 908-595-1454
Office & Operating Hours
Monday through Friday
7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Memorial Day through Labor Day
Monday through Friday
6:00 am through 2:30 pm